Sunday, December 28, 2008

Belles Artes Tea Party -- What Fun!

Just came back from a tea grazing experience at Belle Artes. Really nice. Stations were set up with teas from around the world, and we tasted, described, and rated them in a booklet as we moved through the space sampling.

Cynthia LeRouge, from my neighborhood, put it on with Ciléia Miranda-Yuen, the owner/president. Cynthia's husband, Dave -- a fabulous cook -- did a nice assortment of finger foods and scones, he of the forethought and wisdom to provide lemon curd with the latter. Go Dave.

I hadn't realized what a commitments to diversity and unity Ciléia brings to that place. I've been there for a couple of events, but hadn't spent much time around Ciléia.

I also met a wonderful and lovely biochemist who works on looking at protiens under MRA, and we had a great talk about my brain imaging/therapy idea!

If I get time (ha, that's laugh) I'll do a blog about it on smithfamilyrecipes. But if I don't, here's the link anyway. Check out the art: http://www.belas-artes.net/1.html.

No comments: