Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Everything Untitled

I know. I have not been writing. Things have been huge and tiny here, all at once. Painful and yet, I wake up feeling my wings opening. Most days.

The Scorpios are both broken hearted.

I made a stock of lamb bones, rosemary, and various odds and ends from the freezer I'd saved to stock making, and intended to do up Julia Child's lamb stew recipe yesterday, but I woke up feeling icky and stayed in bed. So, tomorrow. Lamb stew. The stock will keep. Surely the stew meat will, too, for one more day? The recipe isn't complicated, I'm just still too wiped out. In the morning I'll pick my fresh peas from the garden for the stew, and make it in the evening. It may be that Scorpio I will be around to share!

I read today on CNN that Cindy Sheehan is hanging it up. She’s tired. She’s broke. And nobody’s listening anyway. That’s what she said, they say. Particularly, the Democratic Congress isn’t listening. I know exactly how she feels --they're such wimps -- except that my son and daughter are still here and alive, knock on wood. It’s hard to fight trivialization. And those in love with war, it seems, have learned that to trivialize is to suck the power right out of most displays of solidarity and protest. It was a brilliant insight, and they use it well.

Update: Here's the link to her resignation letter: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/28/12530/1525

But the heart continues. And no one can make war happen in there, if you don’t let them. And the more peaceful hearts we get, the more peace we get.

These are the things I’m thinking today.

No comments: