Monday, July 23, 2007

Ani and The Night Raiders

Ah, the Cubs are here this week. I'm going, damnit. It's especially fine because they -- the Arch Rivals, are back 3.5 games, tied with Atlanta and Arizona, all of them then second behind San Diego in the NL, while the Cards are back 8.5 at 45-50, all as of 3:00 PM today. So things should be pretty fired up for these games -- the Cubs fans have something positive to be on about, unlike their usual just being on because they're Cubs fans. Personally, I don't like to engage in a lot of knuckled-headedness at such times, and I very much prefer it when everyone on either side is polite about it confines their ribbing to good natured banter. So, what I'm saying it, maybe since the Cubs fans will be happy they won't be mean. Visualize whirled peas.

Speaking of arches and fire, interestingly there have been two incidences of broken mechanical whatevers and thus stranded people at the height of our High One. Wow. Rather silly or something that after the first one, which those in charge of the Arch admitted immediately and apparently without the slightest embarrassment they had no idea the cause, they let the thing climb up again the next night (I think it was; might have been two nights) and -- gee wiz -- it happened again. Only this time they had a clue -- broken cable, electrical short. Why that time and not the first? Sometimes it's so hard to tell the difference between a cover up and ordinary stupid people.

Princess, I love you, but from now on when we go out I have to have a curfew. I just can't be staying up all night, and it seems that I can't be trusted without a Midnight at which I Pumpkinize. Chatting 'til dawn was divine, but it threw me off for the entire weekend, including not being able to get to sleep on time last night -- inconvenient for getting up at 6AM. But we had fun, didn't we. Ani DiFranco is the bomb. I knew she was a song writer, but didn't know she played such kick-ass guitar! Wow. Really, really fine.

Scorpio1 had fun at this film shoot, ending up as the "lead" extra, with a speaking role. Yeah, S1!!! Maybe you'll be discovered now! Let's get you an agent! You're certainly fabulous-looking enough, and undoubtedly talented. ---- Any acting or modeling agents out there want to rep a 6', blond headed, blue eyed, buff and handsome 22-year-old? Duh?

No comments: