Friday, July 20, 2007

Mildness, Wildness

Blissfully uneventful week, minus the being an extra thing.

  • Saw the Moody Blues on Tuesday. What lovely, calming music. A treat to see the flute in the spotlight.

  • Change of guard at work, looks positive. Old boss good, new boss good. What's to complain?

  • Princess over tonight for Crabmeat Maison and something I'll concoct from my second batch of that "Most Extraordinary" French Lemon Cream (as discussed at length, last post). Made it last night. Am looking at layering it with cookies (who needs crust). Just need to drive over to Bob's for the crab, dressing already made, left from the weekend (thanks, daughter dear). Fresh tomatoes from my garden. And basil (instead of parsley).

  • Then we'll go see Ani DiFranco at the Arch. Yippee. I'm ashamed to say that I really don't know her work that well. I've heard a few songs and liked them. And I know I like what she stands for. But I've never owned an album of hers. So, really looking forward to it!

  • Weather is most fabulous. 65 last night. Barely 80 today. All is blessed and good. Please pray for my children, who are growing, and searching, and beautiful, and feeling the tugs and tides of youth upon them.

2 comments:

PMRSC said...

Will most certainly send love to the Scorpios.

And thanks for the yummy and the company and everything. Ani was fun, and I'm still grateful you hung in there for the fireworks.

I hope Sunday was more productive.

Margaret Howard said...

You're welcome, dear. It was fun! And the fireworks were nice. But oh my, I am not so good at staying up all night, at my advanced age. Thankfully Sunday did find me out of the bed and making some progress toward living. Next: Rollins! Love, M