Friday, August 17, 2007

FCC Kindly Clarifies

No, not the Federal Communications Commission (don't we wish they'd be more clear, and fair, and less inclined to OK monopolies, etc.). Instead I mean my friend as referenced in yesterday's post. Here are the other rolls we had at Wasabi, and their contents, from her own keyboard: "Jeff's Roll" (white tuna, seared tuna, black tobiko, sesame oil, cucumber, avocado, and soybean paper), "Shogun Roll" (Deep fried lobster salad, tobiko, asparagus, cucumber and avocado. Served with sweet wasabi soy broth), & I think the "Rasta Roll" which had tuna (and maybe crab) with mango and jalapeño."

The Princess is working on this side of the river today and tomorrow and is going to sleep over, thus saving herself the drive home and back again. Nice. Company. Nice company. Perhaps I'll make a quiche. I can stop by the garden and see if I've got any tomatoes to toss in it. God knows I've got the basil.

For my mom's birthday tomorrow I'm going to put together her all-time favorite Lemonade Cake. I've not made it before, but my god it looks so simple. I think, were it up to me, I would make it in a cookie sheet rather than a 9 by 12 pan. I haven't had it in a while, but it seems to me the sort of thing that would benefit from thinness. I'll try that another time, when not making it for mom. She won't be pleased if it's not as she expects it. Anyway, basically it's just a yellow cake with frozen lemonade added in place of some of the liquid, then glazed with a frozen lemonade and confectioner's sugar glaze. How hard can that be? I got her An Inconvenent Truth, to go with the DVD player Gemini got her for Mother's Day. She earlier expressed an interest. Also, another NYT crossword puzzle book. Had to resist getting her novels. In the past five years I think I've given her at least 30. Happy Birthday, Momsey.

No comments: