Friday, March 30, 2007

Update On the Vin

Well, I wrote Vin De Set, sending them a slightly condensed edition of the previous post. I didn't hear back from Ivy or Elizabeth, but Jason wrote me back, then we talked on the phone. He said that he remembered me (we road up in the elevator together), and that I seemed like a "pleasant person." Which I suppose is to say that in spite of my whiny letter I didn't seem at first glance to him to be a raving bitch. At any rate, he was nice, and acknowledged that they have some problems with being prepared at start time. In all fairness, it turns out that the night of my visit was the first open patio night, so they were stressed. And, he said the bar and dining hours are listed separately on the door. Guess I missed that. Alas, he didn't offer me a comp appetizer or drink, which, being the (reluctant) American I am would have gone a long way toward healing my broken heart. Oh, well. Sometimes I'm just grateful when people are nice to me. Sort of.

No comments: