Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Travelogue Tazered!

On my lunch break today i had really hoped to write about my solo trip north to Hannibal, the day spent on my boss's land, my re-found joy of travelling alone, the crazy so-called B&B I stayed in, my drive down Highway 79, along the Mississippi. Not to mention the birthday present my brother gave me: Green seats to last Saturday's day game against the Cubs! But alas, looking around on CNN I see this video:

Student Tasered at campus forum for Kerry
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/18/student.tasered.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview#cnnSTCVideo

Tazers should be outlawed. They are being used in situations, too often, where there is clearly no danger to anyone. There are being used, as in the above example, just to shut people up.

John Kerry, what are you going to do about this? Why didn't run you rush into the audience and free this guy? Are you going to get behind him, now?

And besides, I am so busy at work that there's no time, even at lunch, to really write the way I want to.

No comments: