Monday, October 08, 2007

What are the words to this song?

You know, the one about "I met a girl from Kalamazoo...?" In Hannibal a few weeks ago I was talking with this cheese shop guy and he played me the song while I ate his cheese samples. Benny Goodman's band? I can't remember.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. It's pretty nice here. Visiting Joyce and Tony. Meeting some of their friends, had them over for dinner, all English faculty at Western Mich, so of course I was right at home with that. Everyone calls the Upper Pennensula "the UP," which I find funny 'cause it's sounds like some Midwestern version of "the OC."

Went to The Lake (Michigan) last night for sunset picnic -- very scenic. Feels like the ocean. Took the back roads.

There's a big foresty nature preserve a few minutes from J and T's house, getting ready to go explore that. And things are cheap here. Aritsan bakery: Scottish Something bread, tripple espresso, cappiccino, two Danish: $7.25. All excellent quality. Good Lord. I could live like a queen here.

So, adieu momentarly while I return to vacationing, and the long drive home tonight. (Sorry about the typos -- I'm on Joyce's laptop and the keyboard is awkward and I can't get this blogspot spellchecker to work.)

No comments: